ThermiVa™ in Greensboro, NC
Many women living in Greensboro, Burlington, and neighboring communities in North Carolina are experiencing sexual dysfunction, vaginal laxity, and related conditions. Technological advances made recently have given us the ability to treat conditions like these fast and painlessly. Dr. H. Christopher Coley is a talented and compassionate double board-certified surgeon who performs ThermiVa™ to alleviate these conditions.
What is ThermiVa™?
ThermiVa™ is a non-surgical procedure designed for vaginal rejuvenation. By utilizing a radiofrequency device, ThermiVa™ is able to treat the following conditions in a fast and painless way via thermal heating:
- Vaginal dryness and laxity.
- Problems attaining an orgasm.
- Sexual dysfunction.
When women undergo menopause, they can experience problems such as vaginal dryness, incontinence, and vaginal laxity. Although these conditions can occur due to the birthing process and the effects of aging, women would still like to avoid such problems if possible.
A number of corrective procedures are available to treat problems caused by menopause, but ThermiVa™ is the first treatment available that requires no downtime, is pain-free, and does not involve surgery. This innovative technique utilizes controlled thermal energy to make cosmetic labia enhancements with minimal side effects.
ThermiVa™ treatment normally consists of a set of three treatments performed every three to four weeks. Significant improvement may be noticed after the first session. Once the initial three sessions have been performed, patients may have follow-up treatments every 9 to 12 months to maintain their results.
ThermiVa™ was found in clinical trials to lead to significant improvement in one or more of these symptoms:
- Sexual Dysfunction: ThermiVa™ enhances vaginal sensitivity and strengthens muscular contractions.
- Vaginal Laxity: ThermiVa™ helps reduce the vaginal opening and the entire vaginal canal.
- Labia and Vulva Laxity: Only three initial ThermiVa™ treatments can significantly reduce sagging.
- Atrophic Vaginitis or Vulvar Dryness: Treatments can foster skin thickening and relieve dryness without the need for hormone therapy.
- Moderate to Mild Stress-Related Incontinence Symptoms: Combined with Kegel exercises, treatments help reduce urine leakage and other incontinence problems, without the need to utilize mesh slings.
How does ThermiVa™ treatment work?
ThermiVa™ treatments usually take place in a series of three treatments at three or four-week intervals. The treatment works by applying heat to the vaginal tissue, as well as the labia. A device is moved over the labia to slowly and safely heat its surface. This tissue stimulation triggers the body into producing new collagen, resulting in tighter tissue.
The treatment does not require anesthesia, and patients do not experience pain or have any downtime following the procedure. Many patients will have visible improvement following only one treatment, although full results require more than one treatment.
Women who have undergone more than one vaginal delivery often develop vaginal laxity.
Vaginal laxity can occur due to:
- Frequent straining and lifting
- Frequent constipation
- Anything stretching the vagina outside of its usual capacity
Who makes the best candidate for ThermiVa™ treatment?
ThermiVa™ is advised for those women who:
- Are experiencing vaginal laxity and looseness for any reason.
- Have difficulty reaching an orgasm and sexual dysfunction.
- Are unhappy about the appearance of the labia majora.
- Have problems keeping their tampons in.
- Have undergone a pelvic prolapse such as a fallen bladder.
- Experience urinary incontinence.
- Are currently experiencing menopause and experience vaginal or labia dryness
Is ThermiVa™ safe?
Yes. Clinical trials of ThermiVa™ found it to be quite safe as a non-surgical treatment for vaginal laxity, and the FDA has approved it for this use. No reports of burns, nerve damage, infections, or blisters have been noted as a result of the procedure.
Does ThermiVa™ treatment require anesthesia?
No. Anesthesia is not required for ThermiVa™ treatment. The process involves the use of controlled temperatures that patients find comfortable.
How long does ThermiVa™ treatment take?
ThermiVa™ treatments take an average of only 15 minutes to minimize the labia majora. An additional 15 minutes will be required for tightening of the vagina.
What is the expected downtime after ThermiVa™?
No downtime is necessary following ThermiVa™ treatment. Sexual activity may resume on the same day as the treatment.
How long do ThermiVa™ treatment results last?
Once the initial three treatments have been administered, results normally last anywhere from 9 to 12 months. The procedure can also be repeated annually in order to maintain results.
How much does ThermiVa™ cost?
Since health insurance providers do not normally offer coverage for ThermiVa™ treatments, Dr. Coley is pleased to provide financing choices for all patients to make the treatments more affordable. His office takes payment as cash, personal checks, and credit cards.
Additional Body Contouring Treatments
- Tummy Tuck
- Post Bariatric
- Brazilian Butt Lift
At The Coley Cosmetic & Hand Surgery Center, board certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. H. Christopher Coley offers his aesthetic expertise to patients across North Carolina including Greensboro, Winston-Salem, Burlington, Durham, Chapel Hill, Kernersville, and Thomasville, North Carolina. Contact The Coley Cosmetic & Hand Surgery Center office today at 336-790-5254 to schedule your ThermiVa™ consultation!