Traditionally tattoo removal has been very difficult to perform. Traditional lasers have a lot of limitations, including range of colors that can be treated, higher risks with darker skin tones and a slower ability to break up the ink particles.
Unlike traditional lasers the PicoWay from Candela has been FDA cleared for a wide range of tattoos, with better results, fewer treatments and is safe for all skin types. With its ultra-fast delivery of concentrated, high-power energy, the PicoWay laser is able to shatter the tattoo ink into tiny pieces, making it easier for the body to clear. Tattoo removal is not painless, however there are options to anesthetize the area allowing the treatment to be much more comfortable. PicoWay treatments are able to treat the tattoo, while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
What to expect at your appointment:
- Before your procedure, a anesthetic agent is applied/injected to the target area
- During the treatment the PicoWay laser delivers highly precise power to target the ink particles
- These laser pulses shatter the ink into tiny particles making it easier for the body to carry away and clear the tattoo
- Protective dressing will be placed over the treated area after the procedure and you will be sent home with after care instructions
- Results vary depending on the size, amount of ink/color(s) in your tattoo, on average it will take between 6-8 treatments
- Treatments are done at a minimum of eight weeks apart
We are really enjoying the results of this laser, as well as our patients! Call today and schedule your appointment at Coley Cosmetic for a consultation and begin making a change with the PicoWay laser today!